每天早起匆忙赶地铁/公交的你,免不了会迟到。
“But, who cares?”看看下面这位小哥哥迟到后的态度:
今天的话题就是——迟到啦!
(一)正式的会议要迟到了:
I’m afraid I won’t be able to make it to our meeting on time.
我恐怕不能准时到会了。
Attention!
如果不小心把”on time” 去掉,就是“我来不了了”。
(二)正式的会议已经迟到了:
Sorry to keep you waiting.
对不起让您久等了。
I’m so sorry for taking up more of your time.
很抱歉,我占用了您太多的时间。
完整的表达:
Sorry to keep you waiting. Thank you for your flexibility. I really appreciated.
对不起让您久等了。感谢您的理解。非常感激。
(三)不太正式的会议要迟到:
I’m sorry I’m running late.
I’m sorry I’m a little bit late.
抱歉,我要迟到了。
I may be about 10 to 15 minutes late.
我可能会晚10到15分钟。
(四)迟到的借口理由:
I’ve got caught up at work.
我有些事情要处理。
Something’s come up.
突然有急事。
I lost track of time.
我完全忘记时间了。
(honest mistake 不是故意的过错)
It's too jammed ahead.
前面太堵了。
I overslept. This one is on me.
我睡过头了。我的错!
(五)如何补救:
I swear I’ll make it up to you.
我保证会做出弥补的。
Please forgive me, I promise I won't be late again.
请原谅,我保证不会再迟到了。
(六)要迟到了,催促别人:
Hurry up, or we’ll be late.
快点儿,否则我们就迟到了。
It was all because of your dawdling that we were late.
都是你老磨蹭,害得我们迟到了。
(七)其它相关词汇:
overdue 到期的
overdue account 逾期未付款
the latecomer迟到者
put off to… / postpone to…推迟到……
in time 及时,在恰好的时候
守时自然是很好的品质,但有时的确会有突发情况导致迟到。客气礼貌的回复是最好的补救方式。但若是故意“放鸽子”,小编认为是不可原谅的!
stand somebody up 爽约,放某人鸽子
Well, I was afraid you would stand me up.
我担心你会放我鸽子。
Maureen was in a bad mood because she got stood up.
Maureen因别人爽约而心情不好。
希望大家都不会有被放鸽子的时候。